Saturday, August 20, 2011

Beat Down Those Cravings, Yo!

It's amazing how a person can change in a short amount of time. I remember last year around this time whenever I had the car after work I'd always either go to Burger King or McDonald's and order some incredibly disgusting food. I'd get the largest portions and unnecessary side junk to go along with it. Sometimes I wouldn't even have to be hungry, a little craving was all I needed to lose control and just go waste my money.

Something has definitely changed. Last year, I felt so powerless with my cravings. I knew that I should be eating healthier and trying to lose weight but I convinced myself that this one time wouldn't hurt--of course those "one times" built up to a LOT.

Today, I was tempted. But for some reason I didn't blindly go and order crap. I know I told myself that I would but I didn't. My mind automatically rationalized it and my body responded. I drove straight home. I know this is going to sound pathetic but it's amazing how far I've come from last year. From hating my life and thinking that I was going to get nowhere to now where I know that no matter what I'm going to change and become someone new.

I'm pretty sure this quote is helping me: "Don't reward yourself with food--you're not a dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment